The Northern Minnesota Builders Association (NMBA) is a non-profit organization building industry association serving the counties of Lake of the Woods, Itasca, Koochiching, Aitkin, and St. Louis. The NMBA requires that all members have proper licensing for their industry. The Northern Minnesota Builders Association provides networking and marketing opportunities for those within the industry. The NMBA also offers resources to both consumers and building industry professionals. The main focuses of the Northern Minnesota Builders Association are: advocacy, education, governance affairs, & legislation.
NMBA MISSION STATEMENT:
“The NMBA’s primary purpose is to promote professionalism and to educate, improve, and support the building industry in Northern Minnesota.”
There are two kinds of membership in the NMBA / Builder and Associate members. Builders include small, medium, and large residential builders, as well as re-modelers. Associates include subcontractors, lumberyards, banks, accountants, realtors, developers, and many other companies that work in the building industry.
Membership into the NMBA automatically qualifies a company for membership into the Builders Association of Minnesota (BAM) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). BAM’s primary focus is to represent the Minnesota building industry interests, and work with governmental agencies to provide the best housing for Minnesota residents.
The Federation of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) exists to represent the home building industry by serving its members and affiliated state and local builders associations. The NAHB members, who are involved in all aspects of a diversified building industry, create jobs for millions of people and contribute significantly to the economic activity of their community, the nation and the world.
If you would like more information regarding the NMBA and the services that they offer to members and consumers, please call us at 218-326-NMBA (6622) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of the Home Builders Association subscribe to the following Code of Ethics:
- Members shall constantly seek to provide better values for the customers they serve.
- Members shall at times share their knowledge with fellow members in the public in the best interest of those they serve.
- Members shall not obtain any business by means of fraudulent statements or by use of implications unwarranted by fact or reasonable probability.
- Members shall comply, both in spirit and letter, with rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for health, safety and progress of the community.
- Member shall not perform or cause to be performed any act which would tend to reflect on or bring into disrepute any part of the industry served by this association.
NMBA Bylaws: Northern Minnesota Membership Bylaws